Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nutritional Value of Whole Grains...

In the past month I have found a few great blogs dealing with the food we eat and the nutritional aspect of the foods. And one blog in particular, has been great!! Today she had a really good article on Whole Grains and I just had to pass it along. Did you know that the flour we use just turns to sugar? And has two effects-
■Spikes your blood sugar
■Is easily turned into fat for storage

She also shares what nutrition is in each of the 3 parts.
 
I have been making the switch to whole grains, grinding my own wheat for flour, ect, so this was just the encouragement I needed to keep going. Even though I don't have my own grain mill, I'm so thankful my Mom is willing to let me use her's for now.
If you are interested in learning more about wheat and an in depth look at what Whole Grain is go check it out!! I have enjoyed learning so much what our food is made of and what all they do to it before it get put on shelves. It's scary and gross, at times!!!
Thanks Kitchen Stewardship!!

No comments:

Post a Comment