Saturday, March 20, 2010

Homemade Toothpaste


I have been making my own toothpaste for a while now. And we have learned to really like it. (Yes, it did take a bit to get used to it.)

And it's super simple to make...
4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Water
Peppermint Flavoring-to taste

Mix all together and store in a container. I have a container for each person. And yes, eventually, we will need to lable each persons. :) Right now, Mom still supervises. This amount last around 2 mths. But it does depend how heavy you use it. My Hubby used it up MUCH faster, I told him he's a heavy user. I just wet my tooth brush, shake off the excess water, then dip in the tooth paste/powder. And brush away!!
Linked to From Scratch.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for this informative post. We bought kids toothpaste for our kid and while brushing her teeth, she swallows the paste daily. I and my wife were very much worried about it and you have helped us out. Also, your profile page is well-written. I love the way with which you have expressed your thoughts about your life. I will be a true follower of your blog.

    Im following you from FF, expecting a follow back. I also have a favour to ask. I dont know you will do it for your foreign friend or not. Will you pls subscribe to my blog and whenever you buy toys for your three little ones, will you get it from my page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... here I am!!! *waves hand excitedly*
    *wonders just what she's supossed to say now*
    *eyes light up*
    Keep up the good work. Its pretty amazing having you for a sister. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom made this when I was younger. I should start using it again! I am a late Friday Follower. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog on Friday Follow. I'm now a follower.

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete